A Journey in Sound: Manaiakalani Film Festival

Last Term Room 23 learned lots about Music and we listened to a new song every day. We learned that songs can reflect our emotions and that sometimes music can help us to feel better when we are sad.

We hope you enjoy our Film festival movie.

Our Introduction.

Elena: Hi I’m Elena

Mia : (Stomp onto stage) sigh, Hi Im Mia

Elena: What’s Wrong Mia?

Mia : I just feel blue. 

Elena: You don’t look blue. 

Mia : But I feel blue, okay! Blue, sad and upset. 

Elena: Have you tried listening to music that always makes me feel better? 

Mia :Music? 

Elena: Yeah my friend from school said a Journey into sound is just the medicine when you’re blue. 

Mia: Room 23 at Pt England School invites you to enjoy our movie. 

Both: A Journey into sound  

19 thoughts on “A Journey in Sound: Manaiakalani Film Festival

1. Hello Room 23.

Your film was interesting. I particularly liked the beginning with the orchestral music start. I have recently begun to listen to more classical and orchestral music. It really does help with a lot of different emotions.

I also liked the exploration of vocabulary and the language of emotion. Great work! It is important for us all to be able to explain our feelings and deal with them in a constructive way.

Keep it up!

Regards,
    Mr Wong from LS1 in PBS

2. Kia Ora room 23 it’s me Adnan from your clqss. I love the part when Quincy was playing Pac-Man. How did Quincy got teleport in to the Pac-Man game?
    From Adnan from room 23 at pt England school.

3. Hi my name is Zion I Like. Your movie I love you so much and we wish you a happy days can you don samoan I will 23

4. Kia Ora my name is Niah I’m in room 23 in pt England school. I really liked how my teacher had edited our movie for the film festival. My favourite part was when had to fight the monsters I drew. From Niah in room 23.

5. Kia ora, Room 23

I really like your movie. i can relate because i also have feelings. My feelings were really emotional and active. When i get mad i used to slap my brothers (oops) Hahahaha!. How did Niah and Tolati feel?

From: Swaimah

6. Kia Ora my name is Isla-May and I’m from room 23 at Pt England school.Your movie was sad but and the end it was awesome. How did you guys get in the little circle and fight the monsters and dinosaurs? Awesome work room 23 from Isla-May at Pt England school.

7. Kia ora Room 23! i am Kaylee from room 8 i love your film! I really like how you made every song a meaningful scene and your acting skills are great! Keep up the great work!

8. Hi room 15 I’m victory from room 13. The part that I liked was the part at the end because I like people to be happy. Keep up the good work and keep doing your best. From victory

9. Hi room 15 I’m Brent from room 13. I liked your movie because I liked the song and how that kinda looked like Pac-Man. I have a question? How did you put a lot of energy into it?

10. Hi my name is TJ from room 11 i liked your movie a lot. because i loved the songs and the teamwork you guys were doing in your movie. Keep it up!

11. Hi room 23 i am Brian and i am in room 11 and i like your video it was very cool because you guys did so much things in it.